Salted Caramel Apple Tarts
1 Apple Pie Quest Bar®
11⁄2 scoops Quest® Salted Caramel Protein Powder
1 medium green apple
Nonstick cooking spray
3⁄4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp zero-calorie sweetener
1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut butter into small cubes and place in a medium bowl.
- Add Quest Protein Powder™, oat flour, almond flour, water, sweetener and salt. Knead until a dough ball dough is formed.
- Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough and cut into 6 equal parts.
- Press dough pieces into each tart mold.
- Bake tart shells for 8 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes, and remove shells from molds.
- Dice 3⁄4 of the apple and sauté in a pan coated with cooking spray until apples are soft and tender. Set aside. Thinly slice remaining apple into 12 pieces, and reserve.
- In a saucepan, melt Quest Bar® and almond milk over medium heat. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat
- Stir in Quest Protein Powder™, sautéed apples, sweetener and cinnamon.
- Divide filling into tart shells. Top each tart with two slices of apple.