Mini Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
1⁄2 cup Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
1⁄2 cup almond flour
1⁄4 cup zero-calorie sweetener
2 tablespoons pumpkin-pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 cup pumpkin purée
1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg white
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Nonstick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, mix Quest Protein Powder®, almond flour, sweetener, pumpkin-pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a second medium bowl, mix pumpkin purée, applesauce, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and whisk until completely combined.
- In a medium bowl, add Quest Protein Powder®, cream cheese, sour cream, sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- With a hand-mixer, mix on medium speed until thick and fluffy.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a mini muffin tray with 20 parchment liners. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Fill liners with batter
- In a sealable plastic bag, add frosting, and cut corner for piping.
- Insert tip of piping bag halfway into center of each muffin and pipe cream cheese filling until it reaches the top of muffin.
- Place muffin tray in oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool muffins for 15 minutes.
- Once muffins have cooled, pipe remaining frosting on top. Finish with one pumpkin seed, and serve.